What you probably do not really know is how the diet impacts the intestinal flora. By choosing the right foods we can promote the colonization of our intestine by good bacteria and make our microbiota more efficient.
Improve the intestinal flora is within the reach of all, here are some keys:
- Avoid refined sugars and industrial preparations. Processed foods are the enemy of our microbiota and our health.
- Indulge in fruit and vegetables of all types and even as juices. Combine fruit and vegetables, mix colors and flavors to stock up vitamins and minerals.
- Introduce prebiotics at least once a day. These foods, such as bananas, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, onions and leeks, promote the growth of the good bacteria in the gut.
- Add fermented foods to the diet. The fermentation process naturally help to maintain the intestinal balance. Sauerkraut, yogurt, fermented milk and pickles are the allies of your microbiota.
- Give your dishes more flavor. Spices such as ginger, turmeric, anise and fennel promote good digestion.
- Remember the nutritional properties of sesame, chia, pumpkin or hemp seeds with a high fiber content that bacteria love. To be consumed without moderation!