- the quality of the intestinal flora transmitted by the mother at birth
- the food we eat
- our lifestyle
- antibiotics, chemo or radiotherapy
- inflammatory bowel diseases
- renal or hepatic diseases
Any alteration in our intestinal microflora has repercussions on our health and well being and can be the cause of tiredness, abdominal pain, cramps, excess gas, bloating, change in bowel habits.
- It makes the selection between good and bad bacteria, fights off pathogenic substances and protects our intestinal barrier
- It is essential for the digestion, for the absorption of nutrients, and of vitamins, such as vitamin K and B which play an important role for our metabolism
- It works as a shield, 80% of our immune system being localized in our gut.
Our microbiota is nowadays considered as an organ, a major player of our metabolism and our immune system. A quality microbiotic supplement is a simple and safe way to help restore the balance of your intestinal flora and play its role to the full.